Gerardo Cesari was founded in 1935 by Gerardo Cesari and production started a year later with vineyards located on the shores of the Lake of Garda in Verona province. Cesari began Amarone production in Negrar (Verona) where the company has 30 hectares of vineyards exclusively for the production of Amarone della Valpolicella. Cesari wines are produced with grapes coming from their own vineyards or produced by winemakers who sell their production exclusively to Cesari, under direct supervision and instruction of Cesari wine-makers. Twenty-five new hectares of vineyards specializing in the production of Amarone were purchased in 1994 and the total of 100 hectares in Verona province is now producing Amarone Classico.
In Verona province, Cesari has two cellars. The older one located in S.Pietro in Cariano and recently a newly built facility in Cavaion Veronese for the production, bottling and oak barrel ageing of the fine wines. The new cellar exemplifies the Cesari philosophy to produce fine wines, to educate the public about wine and to maintain a tradition of excellence for the next generation.